TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE FIRSTSTARS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering this competition, you will be deemed
to have read them and will be legally bound by the terms and conditions.
1. Competition Eligibility
To enter this competition, you must:
(a) Be 18 years or above at the time of entry,
(b) Have an acceptable form of identification.(Examples of such includes but is not limited
to, a Driver’s license and International Passport)
(c) Must be a Nigerian whether resident or non- resident
2. This competition is organized by First Bank of Nigeria Limited in partnership with
EbonyLife TV (“The Organizers”).
3. Employees of First Bank of Nigeria Ltd and EbonyLife TV or their family members or
anyone else connected in any way with the competition, judging of the competition or
helping to set up the competition i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents are not eligible to enter
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. After the closing date for entries, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility or liability shall arise for entries not received for whatsoever reason.
7. Contestants are to submit original works as a precondition for admittance into the
8. Contestants will be agreeing to transfer the rights of use of their submitted works and their
participation in the course of the competition to First Bank of Nigeria Ltd and EbonyLife
TV for the purpose of creating content for the show.
9. Contestants are responsible for their welfare through the course of their involvement with
the programme. The organizers may offer assistance as will be deemed fit but nothing shall
10. The organizers reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and
conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance,
act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any anticipated law or regulation or any
other event outside the companies’ control. Any change to the competition would be
notified as soon as possible by the organizers.
11. Contestants will be initially screened through an online process after which shortlisted
candidates will be called to the auditions. Contestants will progress in the competition by
completing assigned tasks.
12. The winners will be determined by expert assessment and public voting. The Organizers
reserve the right to decide the elimination process at every stage of the competition.
13. The names of the winners will be announced at the end of the competition. The Organizers
reserve the right to determine the specific date.
14. No cash alternatives to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferrable. Prizes
are subject to availability and the organizers reserve the right to substitute any prize with
another of equivalent value without giving notice.
15. Award of Prizes is solely at the discretion of the organizers. Assuming ownership of prizes
once awarded is the responsibility of the winners.
16. By entering this competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted is true,
current and complete and that any information supplied is not a breach of any third party’s
copyright or other intellectual property rights. The organizers are not liable for any dispute
that arises as a result of this.
17. The Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to
believe the entrant has breached any of the terms, conditions and rules of the competition.
It also has the right at any time to verify the validity of the eligibility of all entrants, not
limited to just the information provided.
18. The Organizers have the right to use the images, videos and any likeness taken of the
entrants for publicity purposes in any manner it deems fit, without further remuneration
being made payable to the entrants. By entering this competition, the entrants agree to
participate in such promotional activity and material as the organizers may require. In
addition, it is a condition of accepting a prize, that the winner will be requested to sign a
legal release in a form determined by the Company in its absolute discretion.
19. The Organizers have the right to modify or terminate the competition without notice. In
the event of such change or termination, by participating in the competition, entrants have
agreed to relinquish their rights in respect to the competition and acknowledge that they
will have no recourse against the Company.
20. The Organizers do not accept responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment
suffered by an entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
21. The Organizers are also not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any
telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer
equipment or software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical
problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any
combination thereof, including any damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or
mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the competition.
22. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by
these terms and conditions.
23. The competition and these terms and conditions are governed by the Laws of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the
courts of the Federal republic of Nigeria and recourse shall first be made to alternative
dispute resolutions before litigation if dispute arise.